Something about the aiport...
... makes me sick. Really. Not figuratively.
I am in the West Palm Beach airport enjoying the free internet instead of working (like I told myself that I would). Can anyone really blame me? All other airports charge big bucks for this service.
I took advantage of the long weekend to get some sun (okay, it was a burn) and take a bit of a vacation from the evils of winter in Ontario. I haven't had a lot of say lately* - mainly because everything has been so good. Funny how my muse only comes when I am upset about something.
This weekend I experienced palm trees, jellyfish, sand, surf, bikes, lush lush gardens, freshly squeezed orange juice (by yours truly) and general sweetness. I also witnessed extreme wealth. I have been told that 53% of people who live in Palm Beach are over the age of 65. The average household income is $110,000. As most of these people don't work and live in houses worth many times more than their household income, it can only be deduced that the income is from investments somewhere. The number of banks and investment establishments did not surprise me.
Indulgence, every so often, is just fine in my books. That is what this weekend was all about.
And now? Back to reality.
(*In the next few weeks I will do my best to remember to post about my dear Hawksley, starbucks and something else I can't recall at this moment)