2007-03-09

Is it neutral or reverse?

I wouldn't consider myself a sappy person but last night I found myself staring, starry-eyed, at a short-ish man with a strange shirt/tie combination (which, by the way, is a pet-peeve of mine - the tie ... not the stature).

He spoke proudly of the fact that he finished his first year of law school third from the bottom. He went on to graduate sixth from the bottom. He then opened a very successful boutique law firm that specializes in Corporate Finance and Mergers & Acquisitions transactions in Toronto.

Last night, this man, on behalf of his firm, donated a substantial sum of money to various student causes. My place of student employment was among them.

He said he wanted to be an example of what can be done with drive. I couldn't agree more.

I sit here now looking for my drive. I really have no excuse.