2007-05-09

Where’s the packing tape?


My brain has exploded and I’ve really only just started. Can I just sign a waiver promising that I will never practice tax and security law? If I could that would really make my day. No. It would make my month.

In a moment of complete submission I resorted to Much Music. Video Flow always makes me feel better. To my pleasant surprise Video on Trial was on. I love this show. Six videos (or is it five?) are played and different Canadian comedians make comments on the singing/acting/costumes (or lack thereof)/etc. The whole product is just enjoyable. It also helps that I happen to agree with most of what is said. (On a random side note it also reminded me of yet another reason I can’t wait to return to Toronto.)

This brings me to Beyonce and Shakira. “Beautiful Liar” was played frequently in both Spain and Italy* amidst pop music that just made no sense to me. I can’t stop singing it. God help those around me if I ever hear it when I am in one of those dancing places….

Yo se cosas que tu, nunca querres saber.

Another one of my guilty pleasures? You have no idea. The Video on Trial people liked it, though. They never like anything.

*Wikipedia tells me that in Italy, the song debuted at number one making it the first #1 single for Beyoncè and the third #1 for Shakira.