Slowly but surely....
... I am taking over the world.
I have a certain friend who absolutely hates it when I say "touch base." I never really realized that I did it often until he started to point it out. In it's defense, it is really a great phrase. Look at all of its uses:
-"I just wanted to touch base."
-"Why don't we touch base at X time."
"No mom, nothing is wrong. I am just calling to touch base."
Today when I was speaking to (I was nice this time) Bell I was informed that they have a "Touch Base" service. This service "lets you choose a number and call it free of charge up to 20 times per month. [You can t]alk as long as you need to, without worrying about using up your airtime minutes." Of course, there are notable exceptions (like long distance, for example). My point, however, is that annoying as my phrase may be ... it is catching on!
One small victory at a time.