Hate is a powerful thing...
There are not many things I hate. Sure, I dislike stuff. I even am indifferent to stuff. Rarely, will I say I hate it.
My one exception is Bach. Yes. I HATE, Johann Sebastian Bach.
My one exception is Bach. Yes. I HATE, Johann Sebastian Bach.
I could go on for quite some time explaining how Bach's Preludes and Fugues made me wish I was doing my calculus homework instead of getting my 4th finger of my left hand to successfully carry the melody of the recurring phrases. (It's hard! The 4th finger, no matter how muscled, will always be weaker than the other fingers). I also take unreasonable issue with taking marks away from me during my Harmony III and IV exams (which involved writing scores of music with just paper and a pencil and no other way to test your brilliance) because I just happened to break the same rules that Bach broke when he was doing his four part harmonies. (You see, the rules of classical harmony come from Bach's work ... namely his Preludes and Fugues. He was mostly consistent with what he did but occasionally he would "break a rule" for a moment of dissonance or something different.)
It's possible that my level of hate does not quite come through in this post. Trust me ... it's there. In fact, take a look at this to get a better appreciation for my position. This guy had me in stitches.
It's possible that my level of hate does not quite come through in this post. Trust me ... it's there. In fact, take a look at this to get a better appreciation for my position. This guy had me in stitches.