A step in a different direction.

I just spent the last 10 minutes salivating over a myspace video of Marilyn Manson and Nine Inch Nails (Trent) performing together at a concert. Nevermind that. Even I agree my fascination with the image of Marilyn Manson is strange.
Trent Reznor is a creative genius. I am still deciding if I enjoy his pre-sober/clean creativity more than his buff/muscled creativity but either way...
So the point of this is to say that Nine Inch Nails is releasing "Year Zero" in September 2007. There was a leak and all signs point to it being planned. A shiny silver flash key was found in a not so shiny public washroom. The occupant of the washroom took it home to see what was on it. The "Violent Heart" began to play. After the song was finished there was about 5 minutes of static.
Spectrographic imagery. The static, using certain visualization plugins (such as iTunes), displays a hand dropping down and plucking out a heart. It's violent, all right.
Nine Inch nails is not the first to do this. Aphex Twin did the same thing long ago. The difference is that it is easier for the public to experience the creativity. Media is at our fingertips.
And just like that music takes on a new form.